Thursday, April 12, 2012

Review: Her Frozen Wild

Her Frozen WildScientists in the Altai in Siberia uncover the 2,500 year old frozen mummy of a tattooed priestess or shaman. This mummy has the same mtDNA (mitochondrial DNA) as American archaeologist Ursula Smith whose mother disappeared in Siberia 30 years earlier. Ursula travels from the U.S. to Siberia to unravel the mystery of the “lady” and meets Sergei Ivanovich Polyakov, a Russian doctor who graciously invites her into his home. After they become lovers, she discovers he has the same tattoos on his body as the tattooed lady. He tells a disbelieving Ursula that they have met before and she is destined to save the ancient People, considered as devils by some and shape-changing gods by others. A shaman takes Ursula to one of the sacred timeless caves where Ursula’s mother supposedly disappeared. When Ursula allows the shaman to tattoo her, she is thrown back in time where she must unlock the mystery of the People and their link to her past in order to save them and Sergei—even if it costs her her life.
-From Goodreads





Honestly, this book was hard to get into at first. Then, Ursula  met the mysterious Sergei, and then I started to get interested. This book is about a woman finding herself by going back in time. There are four parts, and each is about a leg of her journey.

This story is captivating, and your always waiting with bated breath for whats going to happen next. It takes place in Russia, or at least I beleive it does. Your introduced into a whole new world, where animals reign supreme, and somehow everyone is connected.

By the third part, I was sitting up in bed ( I read it while I was on bedrest), my eyes wide. There are so many mysteries, and when thier revealed, you just have to read faster to get to the part where you can finally go -- Oh!

A couple of things I liked about this book was, for one, the scenery. Its so detailed and it makes me wish I could travel. Another thing is that those mysteries werent revealed too quickly. Im left guessing, and thats what kept me hooked.

I think this book is for any book lover. Its a must read, and once you get past the first part, its really captivating in the shifter world. The people are great and without them, this story wouldnt be complete. Youll pick sides, and youll be snared until the very end.

I rate this:

0 comments: